- Ultra light weight 6.3 oz
- Special air-infused rubber
- True barefoot experience
- natural freedom fit
- collapsable and packable
Only available in Seattle location.
What Size to Order
The Stem fit is shaped to the human foot and will not fit like traditional shoes. Stem Footwear is designed to fit relaxed and free. The extra wide toebox allows all five toes to move freely and splay apart. There should be a generous amount of room for the ball of your foot to spread naturally. They can be worn with or without socks. Follow the fit instructions, and read all the below before wearing:
How Sizes Run
- In general, Stem Footwear runs 1/2 size small in mens and 1/2 size small in womens for the labeled US size.
- Go by our labeled US size not the EU size, and go by what size you typically wear in US athletic shoes.
- Example 1, Men that typically wear a US 10 in athletic shoes will need the 10-10.5 (EU 43), men that wear 10.5 will need the 11-11.5 (EU 44).
- Example 2, Women that typically wear a US 8 in athletic shoes will need the 39(8-8.5), women that wear 8.5 will need the 40(9-9.5).
- Fits best for medium to wide feet (not for narrow feet).
How to Fit
- Tap your heel to the back.
- Your toes should fit close to the end of the shoe (less a than finger width), because it follows the natural shape of the foot.
- The shoe will grow up to 1/2 size after the first day.
- The extra width at the toebox is designed to be there.
- Don't worry they should not feel "snug" like your other shoes.
- Don't lace tight to try to achieve a "snug" fit. This is natural fit.
- Machine washable gentle. Do not machine dry. Air dries in front of a fan in less than 2 hours.
- Stem Footwear can be worn with or without socks. We've found that when performing athletic activities Stem Footwear fits best without socks.
- If wearing socks, we recommend wearing Injinji five-toed socks. (Outdoor Series merino wool styles are our personal favorite.)
- To improve healthy toe alignment we recommend wearing Stem Footwear with Correct Toes intermittently (see instructions for use.)
- Take off your shoes and go barefoot frequently. Barefooting is the best training to learn how to walk more natural. Remember transition slowly.